Fiona in January

Fiona in January

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Wait, it's 2013? When Did That Hapen?!

Apparently the new year has begun, I must have missed it, since I've been fighting a nasty head cold since New Years Eve and was in bed long before the ball dropped.  What a way to start the new year, right?  Today is the first day I feel a lot better and up to my usual writing/cooking/cleaning/entertaining a 6-month-old tricks.

So what to say about 2012 now that it has passed...if there was any year that changed my life as much, I can't think of it!  The year I moved out to Indiana for college and ended up there for 8 years (in the state - only took 4 years to graduate college, just to clarify!)...but still, I was 18 and stupid enough not to realize what a big deal it was!  The year I got married...sure, but kind of a seamless change.  The year I moved back to Maryland from Indiana...yeah, but I got to move in with my older sister for awhile and her family (especially my nephew) definitely helped distract from the enormity of that change.  But nope, 2012 will go down in the books as my most earthshattering year thus far.

Why?

Well because of this little booger of course!  Also known as Baby Knives...















Fiona Knives Rohrer, you have changed your daddy's and my life forever and even though you surprised the living crap out of us by appearing on the scene, we love you so much and wouldn't change a thing.

There are days where I don't think being a mom has changed me that much, then I nonchalantly wipe snot off my child's nose and onto my own jeans without thinking...hmm...methinks I've changed more than I think!  I also find myself waking up at night occasionally worrying about making sure she gets the right nutrition and that we'll live in a better school district when she starts kindergarten.  Not to mention those random moments when I'm jerked from sleep for no reason and have to go check on her and watch her little chest rise and fall.  I'm pretty sure I'll never get uninterrupted sleep again!

2012, you changed me forever and I can't believe at this time next year our little girl will be over a year and a half and running in circles around us...wow...

No comments:

Post a Comment