Fiona in January

Fiona in January

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A Dynamic Easter

I've been putting off blogging for a little while because I honestly have way too many things to blog about! Too many ideas and experiences over the past week and a half are blog-worthy. Yet here I am...finally sitting down and deciding on what to start with.

Easter.

One of those times each year where, as a believer, it is easy to reflect on God's love and power. Our church was wrapping up our "Overcome" series with a fantastic celebration. The music was fantastic and the speaker, Scott Rigsby, who has the most inspiring and incredible story I've ever heard. He spoke in two services Saturday night and a total of 5 services on Sunday (counting our video venues), sharing his amazing journey - how he overcame physical, spiritual and emotional odds to achieve what he has today.

Easter 2011 from Oak Ridge on Vimeo.



I hope you take the time to watch him speak, you won't regret it! When we first found out he was coming to speak, I immediate thought of all my friends who are runners and wished more of them lived close enough to make the trip to hear him speak!

Easter this year was amazing, our church had more than 2,700 people attend services with many attending for the first time. Praise God!

No comments:

Post a Comment