Fiona in January

Fiona in January

Thursday, September 22, 2011

"I can no other answer make, but, thanks, and thanks." - Shakespeare

I've been playing around with potential blog posts in my own head for a week or so and haven't been able to land on one specifically that felt like it needed to be written. So, this morning I'm choosing to highlight a few things I'm thankful for these recent days.

Laughter with my husband. Our relationship has always been based on a solid friendship full of lots of laughter, he never fails to make me smile and I love him so much for it.

Books of all kinds. This year I've really stepped out and begun to read books in genres I don't usually explore. As a result I have really grown as a writer (and a reader!) and have come to enjoy so many new authors I hadn't been exposed to yet.

Time. I am grateful for time to reflect on the past, plan for the future and revel in the present. I am thankful for time I am consciously setting aside to spend with God and in prayer for my friends and family, most of whom I live much too far away from.

New Friendships. After living here on the Eastern Shore for 15 months now, I finally feel as if I am starting to form some truly wonderful friendships with women I respect, appreciate, can laugh and cry with. I love these women and am so thankful they are in my life and we are starting to build friendships (I hope) will last a lifetime. Even if the first small step is something as simple as a book club!

What are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment