Well, it's that time of year again. The time of year when all the bloggers of the world start pontificating and reflecting on the past year. To be honest, a lot of this year has been a blur for me, but I'll try to hit the high points:
1) My husband got a new job after being laid off for almost a year
2) We were able to move out of the upstairs of his parent's house and into our own apartment
3) We celebrated our 1 year anniversary
4) We panicked for a good 3-4 weeks after finding out (surprise!) we're having a baby in June 2012
5) We got to welcome a few new little ones into the world and congratulate friends who became new parents
This year has been difficult in many ways, in addition to the above blessings, and many I'm sure I forgot to mention...
- My niece, Reagan, developed a seizure disorder (she's almost 2)
- Dear friends of ours experienced a horrible loss of their newborn baby girl
I really can't list anything else after that last one...last night we found out another one of my good friends lost their baby girl, only 2 weeks before she was supposed to be born. The struggle of trying to understand what the hell is going on and how there could be any "good" come out of such horrible tragedies is overwhelming. I can't imagine the pain of a loss like that and there are no words I can say to make it better...not the easiest thing for a writer to realize...
My prayer for 2012 is that it will bring healing and hope to so many of my friends who are hurting, grieving and struggling to make sense out of tragedy. No resolutions this year for me, only desperate prayers for guidance and peace.