Fiona in January

Fiona in January

Friday, June 11, 2010

Happy Beachin...

I have been very blessed to have such a wonderful day! You ever have one of those days where you feel just completely content? That was today. I don't think I stopped smiling (not in a creepy way like this guy) all day!

I got to spend the day at Rehoboth Beach with my good friend Meghan. We took in the sun, the ocean breeze, the calm crashing of the water, some fantastic pad thai and mango sticky rice and a wonderful italian dinner back at the house with women from the church I used to go to when I was a kid! It was great to see everyone (they were there for a retreat this weekend)...there's just something about that sense of community you get from being around people who have known you since you were 12 years old...and still inexplicably like and want to talk to you! It was so peaceful to spend that time with Meghan (we've known each other since high school and met in church youth group...she's also a bridesmaid!) walking on the beach and talking about the past, present and possible futures.

Now that I've moved out to the Eastern Shore and am settling into an area where I know Aaron and I will be living (hopefully) for a decent amount of time, I'm chomping at the bit to have that close "community" again. Today was a wonderful example of how even though my life has changed so much, my parents have moved out of state and I'm living completely away from both of my sisters for the first time in 5 years...even still...I can always have that sense of "home" with the people who have known and loved me through difficult and trying times. It was a reassurance that I no matter how far apart I live from those I love, we can always be brought together and spend time laughing, eating and catching up as if no time has passed. What a blessing to be reminded of that!

Now, just to give some perspective...here's a picture of Meghan and me one of the last times we were at the beach together many many (about 6 years!) moons ago...

No comments:

Post a Comment