Fiona in January

Fiona in January

Friday, March 25, 2011

Crazy = Good!

For the past two weeks I feel like we've been caught up in a little bit of a whirlwind. Just another lesson on how life can so quickly change for either the better or for the worse...thankfully this time it has been for the better!

This week is Aaron's second week of working full-time at his new job (squeeee!) and we're both adjusting to the new schedule. I do miss having him around more, as I work mostly from home and we got to just hang out a lot during the day...however we are so thankful for a full paycheck, benefits that should kick in about 3 months from now and the stability that has led us to...

Drumroll please.

Sign the lease on a brand new apartment of our very own...FINALLY! For those of you who really know us on a personal level, you know that since we got married in October we've been fortunate enough to rent the upstairs in my in-law's house. Now, before you start feeling sorry for us, understand that there is a ton of room, we get along famously with the aforementioned in-laws and we really only share the downstairs kitchen. We decided to take them up on the offer of living with them for a few months post-wedding as Aaron was only working maybe part-time at best per diem hours at the hospital and we couldn't make it on my salary alone.

That being said, I am outrageously excited about getting into our own space! We were able to find an apartment that met our space dreams (2 bedrooms), was in a safe neighborhood area closer to Aaron's work and was in our price range. Amazing! Plus the complex has a pool, a sand volleyball court and is surrounded by large trees in a happy-wooded area rather than a serial-killer wooded area. Believe me there is a difference.















For those of you who are as excited as we are, check out the floor plan of our new place. We are going to be on the second floor (YAY!) and even have a wood-burning fireplace in the living room. I am already plotting what tasty herbs and small veggie plants I can grow on our balcony this summer. Any suggestions would be welcome!

It is amazing to me that all of these changes happened in about a week's time. A friend of Aaron's found out about a job opening up, recommended him for it and he was hired on the spot in the span of 48 hours. I started apartment-hunting online and we decided to just take a look at this place and were so impressed with it and the price (plus we were approved not to have to put down a security deposit - woot!) that we decided to take it...our move-in date is May 27th! Anyone who wants to help us shuffle boxes will be rewarded handsomely with tasty delicious food.

God is amazing and I am so thankful for how present He is in our daily lives. I can't wait to see what happens next!

*If you'd like to see what else I've been up to lately and why I've sworn off using a mandoline for the time being, check out my recipe/cooking/accidentally maiming myself blog: http://tastymess.blospot.com!

4 comments:

  1. postpone your move 2 weeks and i will SO be there! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha - maybe you can stay with us for a day or two now that we have room! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. so excited for you guys! Hopefully we can see your place at some point! Make sure you post pics! I want to see your decor etc!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely - once we move in and can unpack photos will be up for sure!

    ReplyDelete