Fiona in January

Fiona in January

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Winnie the Pooh and Baby Knives Too

Baby Knives is officially 2 months old and I swear, aside from middle of the night feedings, time is flying by!  She holds her head up really well now, aside from the occasional accidental head butt to my sternum, and is starting to interact with toys.  She loves her little play mat with toys dangling from it and has started getting really vocal - which is so fun!


It makes such a difference for me now that she really responds to my voice and presence, even though she's not forming real words, she "talks" to me when I hold her and play with her - its amazing.

I still think she look a lot like her Daddy (see the identical squishy faces?), but other people say that she's starting to look like me too - I guess we'll see as she gets older!

I've started reading to her lately, we're working our way through the weighty tome that is The Complete Tales of Winnie The Pooh and she babbles along her own commentary and lets me know what she thinks of Pooh going after honey and getting stuck in Rabbit's house...its become a fun part of our day when she's up from her long nap.

Her napping is still kind of erratic, but I can usually count on a good 3-4 hour nap in the middle of the day so that helps a little bit.  Hopefully in the next month her sleeping habits will become even more regular!

Check out my latest video of her - she loves Winnie the Pooh...or at least the sound of me reading it to her!




No comments:

Post a Comment