So as a self-proclaimed (and usually confirmed by others) writer, I began thinking that it is slightly ridiculous that I don't blog. Plus I so greatly enjoy the blogs of my other friends, fellow writers and mentors I thought I would stop procrastinating (like I am doing while I work on my second novel) and actually start writing.
Which begs the question...where do I start?
And what will this blog be like?
I'm not so clear on what this blog will focus on, but I'm fairly certain it will steer clear of the following:
1. Long rambling posts about how much I love my hunky hunky boyfriend
2. Blurbs on certain products and how great they are
3. Obnoxious posturing about my political opinions
I'm sure more could be added to the list, but I'll stick with these three for now with the following exceptions:
1. I will post about my hunky hunky boyfriend if he does a) something hysterical b) something shocking/slightly illegal or c) earth shattering news concerning him is released (i.e. "...this just in, Aaron Rohrer discovered the cure for (insert chosen disease here) and has become an instant bajillionare!)
2. I will post about a rockin product if using it results in something amazing (i.e. ..."I just used this new shampoo and it turned my hair pink!") Incidentally, how could you expect me NOT to blog about that?
3. Yeah there are really no exceptions to this one - I'm not crazy about politics or blurting out my political views in type with no context. Unless I see a bumper sticker about our current economic/political climate that makes me snort-laugh, I won't be posting anything about politics.
Well look at that - I think that might be long enough for my first post...
PS - I am also not going to vow to blog every day, that only seems to get me and my fellow procrastinating bloggers/writers in trouble! I will ATTEMPT to blog at least a few times a week.