Fiona in January

Fiona in January

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Feeling Lazy (and rightfully so!)

So I'm feeling a little lazy as I type today...it's been a crazy week full of family and lots of high-energy Christmas fun. So today I am taking a quick breather and posting the following - a concept I snagged from one of my favorite author's blogs: www.jennsylvania.com (check it out, she's fantastic!) So read and hopefully enjoy...

1. Link back to the person who tagged you.

2. Post these rules on your blog.

3. Share four unimportant things about yourself.

4. Tag four random people at the end of your entry.

* * * Four Unimportant Things about Em * * *

1. I have discovered that I have a very weird palate on occasion. For example, my sister Molly made a pineapple upside-down cake this weekend for Christmas dessert and everyone loved it. However, pineapple upside-down cake always leaves me with a weird bubblegum aftertaste. It is not pineapple - I LOVE pineapple, I have yet to figure out why but yeah. My palate is weird.

2. I am a fairly intelligent person, yet I can't put together a pre-school age jigsaw puzzle. My 3 and a half year old nephew, Cameron, got several puzzles for Christmas. The kid loves puzzles. I have no idea where he got that as his mother and I despise them with all of our being. There's nothing quite like being mocked for my puzzle assembling ineptitude by a 3 year old. Humbling? Indeed.

3. I have found a type of Christmas music I actually like. Due to years of working in retail, I absolutely despise Christmas music. I maintain that there are only about 15 Christmas songs that people insist on "re-doing" constantly making them even more shrill and grating. Yet I was surprised that this year I found Christmas music that doesn't send me screaming over the edge of a cliff: INSTRUMENTAL CHRISTMAS MUSIC. It's not the music, it's the lyrics and vocals that make me want to take a sharp stick to my eye...God bless Christmas music sans vocalists...God bless us everyone.

4. Despite my tendency to dress like a 13 year old skater boy, I am extremely girly. Case in point: I couldn't have been happier when I received Bath and Body Works creams, scrubs, bath salts and lip gloss as gifts this season. Not to mention the fantastic masks and makeup samples thrown in...I also hyperventilate if I am at anytime without lip gloss/chapstick/hand lotion. I would never think of walking out the door without at least powder foundation and mascara on (hello - I have BLOND eyelashes) and can never seem to purchase enough shoes. Hooray for being a girl!

Ok, that's enough for now, I have to go drop my sister Molly off at Union Station so she can catch her train back to Indiana (SAD!) I am tagging the following people who will probably completely ignore this post:

Ruthie Jacoby

Abbie Proud

1 comment: