Fiona in January

Fiona in January

Friday, November 5, 2010

Honeymoon Foodie Journey - Day 2

Monday was our first full day at Disney and let me just say that for an entire week we only ate breakfast once. And only because we had to check out of our room at 11 am and get to the airport on our last day...every single other day we would go to bed saying "yeah if we feel like it when we wake up we'll grab breakfast", then zzzZZZzzz and we'd wake up late morning and say "screw it, lets just relax and focus on getting to our lunch reservations on time!"

Oh well. We did get one amazing Iron Chef worthy breakfast...stay tuned...

Monday we decided to do Animal Kingdom and had a wonderful time. We were able to see and do everything we wanted from shows to rides (after they "un-stuck" the roller coaster car on one - yikes!) to parades. Animal Kingdom closes earlier than any of the other parks (at 5pm), so we ate lunch there and ended up in Downtown Disney for dinner eating at Planet Hollywood. I didn't take any photos of our food at PH - mostly because it was basic (still delicious!) American fare...however, the decor was...well...entertaining?

Lunch was so delicious - we went to "Yak & Yeti" for some Asian cuisine. Check out the decor!
























Onto the food...we went for the Dim Sum Basket for 2 as an appetizer, hoping for steamed dumpling goodness...we weren't disappointed!














Next up, entrees! Aaron went for a Seafood Curry and I had to try the Crispy Mahi Mahi served with Jasmine rice and a Cantonese sweet & sour sauce - yum!





















Now I know there is no possible way for me to build up my dessert the way it deserves. It was by far the best thing I've ever eaten in the dessert category...EVER. Mango Pie. I had no idea it even existed. Since then I've been on the hunt for a recipe and can't quite fine the right one. I did find out that I can order a whole mango pie from the restaurant to be delivered to my door for $12...hint hint hint (Christmas is coming, right?) It turned my favorite fruit into this gorgeous light, creamy, sweet and tart filling balanced with a buttery shortbread cookie crust. Sweet lord, it was amazing!











Aaron went with the trio of sorbets and was righteously disgusted when his raspberry sorbet was dusted with flaked coconut...ugh! The way to ruin any food is to add shredded or flaked coconut - yuck! Thankfully it was easily brushed off.














So for our dinner at Planet Hollywood, the most noteworthy detail was the overly-creepy "display" hanging directly over our table:
















So glad I could end this post by sharing with you the image that alternately made us laugh and recoil the rest of the night!

No comments:

Post a Comment