Fiona in January

Fiona in January

Monday, November 19, 2012

The More I See The Less I Know

Nov. 19 - Today I am thankful for my faith.  I was blessed to grow up in a household with two parents who raised us with a strong belief system.  More importantly I was always encouraged to ask questions about what I believed and why I believed it.  As a result I have a strong foundation and a spiritual life I can cling to in good times and rough ones. 

So thank you to my parents, mentors, pastors and especially friends who have beliefs differing from my own...when you stop asking questions and discussing differences in beliefs you stop learning.  I actually have a tattoo speaking to that effect to remind myself that the older I get, the more I learn, the less I "know".  It's a daily reminder to keep an open mind while maintaining a strong spiritual foothold in my own core beliefs.


No comments:

Post a Comment