Fiona in January

Fiona in January

Friday, November 23, 2012

Thankful for Thanksgiving

Nov. 23 - Yesterday was Thanksgiving and an incredibly relaxing one at that!  My mother-in-law and I shared the dishes to be cooked and that kept both of us from being too overwhelmed.  We had an overwhelming amount of delicious food and a low-key afternoon/evening of enjoying each others company.  Not being able to travel to visit family that lived out of state, it was wonderful to be able to spend it with Aaron's parents and celebrate Baby Knives' first Thanksgiving at home.

She did beautifully, napping well all day and happily playing after enjoying her Thanksgiving "feast" of pureed carrots and mashed bananas...yum, right?  I'm extremely thankful for her cheery mood yesterday and the ease she had transitioning into napping at her grandparent's house!



I'm once again reminded how thankful I am for the family I have, the one I was born into, the one I've been fortunate enough to marry into and the one I've made for myself through friendships that have stood for years and will continue to grow for many more.

Oh, and I'm also thankful for stuffing.  It is by far my favorite part of Thanksgiving...if you'd like to check out the recipes I made this year, you can access them through my other blog: Tastymess


No comments:

Post a Comment