Fiona in January

Fiona in January

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring = Iced Mochas

I was reminded of my fascinatingly obsessive love of iced coffee drinks (mochas specifically) this week when I went on a grocery run with Kate. We headed to Safeway near Arundel Mills and they oh-so-thoughtfully include a Starbucks inside the store...danger!

It was almost 70 degrees, I was bustin out capri pants for the first time this year and there it was...the iced mocha. Yummmm...

I was somehow able to resist the temptation - probably because I was distracted by the absolute lack of personality being displayed by our cashier - and left the store with a vague yen for iced coffee.

The problem with getting an iced mocha at Starbucks is that it just isn't good enough. I know where to get the best iced mochas and they are a good 13 hour drive from here...this fantastic little coffeehouse in Fort Wayne, IN called "Old Crown". I could sit there and drink their iced mochas non-stop all day...and of course become violently ill that evening...but it would be worth it!

Oh iced mocha, how I love thee...and wish I could find a decent replacement for the fantastic versions of you I drank religiously at Old Crown!

No comments:

Post a Comment