Fiona in January

Fiona in January

Monday, March 1, 2010

Holy Heck Yeah!

So this weekend was pretty fantastic as far as weekends go. My doctor's appointment this week went really well, I LOVE my doctor and I'm officially off the insanity-inducing medication as of this past Thursday. Things have started to even out in my brain and I'm starting to slowly feel more like myself again...hooray because I like myself!

Aaron's 30th birthday was on Sunday, so this weekend was "birthday weekend", we celebrated pretty low-key, but I cooked a fantastical meal on Saturday for all of us and am freakishly proud of the acclaim it received. If anyone wants the recipe for the easiest and tastiest pot roast dinner in the world, let me know and I'll post it. Plus I am in love with Food Network Magazine because they do these "copycat" recipes and the latest one was for Applebees' Maple Butter Blondies...which are one of Aaron's favorite desserts - so rock on birthday dessert!

Since he was turning a very grown up age (HAH!) I thought it appropriate to get him an age-appropriate gift...yeah...this amazing Lego set he's been wanting. It's Frank Lloyd Wright's Falling Waters and he put it together right away.

I think one of my favorite parts of the weekend was FINALLY being able to go to church! With the blizzards, traveling and new baby at home I just haven't been able to make it to church in about a month and I have to say the service on Sunday definitely made up for it! Aaron led some of the worship and I know I'm biased but I'm pretty sure he's the best worship leader in the entire world. Heck yeah! Some of the songs just gave me goosebumps, God is amazing. Plus the message was focusing on praising God for all he's done for ORBC (Oak Ridge Baptist Church - Salisbury, MD) over the past decade and what the church plans on doing in the future. God is at work for sure and the future of our church is going to be incredible!

We also got almost all of our "save the date" postcards ready to mail, so you all will be seeing those soon! I'm crossing my fingers for another couple snow days this week - Baltimore got gypped last week!

No comments:

Post a Comment