Ok, so I'm semi-breaking a promise I made when starting this blog and am going to blog about my awesome fiance...can't help it, so if you aren't in the mood to read about our combined fantasticness-ocity, don't scroll down...
The main reason that our relationship works so well and we have so much fun together is the common ground we share. Now don't get me wrong, we're definitely different in many ways and don't always share the same level of passion for things (i.e. Anime and cosmetic products), but the common ground we hold goes a long way into making our relationship a lot of fun. Being friends for the past 9 years helps for sure. So below is a short-ish list of fantastic things I love that we have in common:
1. Love of movies - ok, seriously if there is a movie out there's a 95% chance we'll see it together. we love so many of the same kinds of movies, it's amazing. I am addicted to action movies, he enjoys romantic comedies and both of us absolutely love watching super-inappropriate comedies (we just saw Hot Tub Time Machine this afternoon...EPICALLY inappropriate and hysterical!)
2. Love of books - if you combine our books (which we will be doing in just a few short months) we'll have over 1,000 volumes. Are we getting rid of anything? Of COURSE not! They're books for god sakes, not outgrown clothing. What's wrong with you?! Get rid of books...it would be like selling of a member of the family!
3. Love of food - both of us like to cook...and eat...of course and between the two of us we'll try just about any kind of food, which makes it so much fun to hunt for new recipes to try. Except peas...peas are disgusting. No peas for us thanks!
4. Love of music - both of us really have a love of music and if you look at our iTunes/CD collections you'll find just about every possible genre represented.
5. Love of shopping - ok, I LOVE shopping. It seriously is one of my favorite things to do. Even if I don't really buy much, I have so much fun with it. Even grocery shopping! And who is the best shopping buddy ever? Yeah that would be Aaron...he's the best! He gets excited about great finds when I show them off, gives his honest opinion when I try on clothes and will gamely try on things I find for him too.
6. Love of video games - so I'm never going to be one of those wives who complains about her husband playing video games. Mostly because I think they are FREAKIN COOL! I love playing (some of them) and watching Aaron play, it's like a choose-your-own-adventure movie, it's fun! I love how excited he gets about some of the games and will randomly ask my opinion about what his video game alter-egos should do next. And if I'm not into the particular game, I'll just read or write or do something else and just hang with him while he plays, it's fun!
7. Love of baseball - do I really need to say more? We LOVE baseball! I'm an Angels fan first, then a Red Sox fan and he's a 100% Red Sox fan. We share a mutual hatred for the Yankee's evil empire and I could honestly go to baseball games every day and never get sick of them. Even minor league games - any kind of baseball, hook me up!
Ok, so I'll stop there before I bug too many of you - but I love the common ground we have. It's so much fun to know that I can come home and rave about a new book I found or he can text me about this incredible band he discovered and we'll be excited about it and eager to check out each other's new find. Or the fact that our first official date was a baseball game and we're going to celebrate our 1 year anniversary next month by doing the same thing!
And it all really comes down to this...I get to hang out with my best friend for the rest of our lives. Seriously. How cool is that?!